Fitness & Prevention
Fitness & Prevention
Prevention is Preferable To a Cure
Fitness and prevention are foremost in all of our activities and treatments. Under our expert guideance, you will learn individualized stretches and exercise techniques for at-home-care to keep you feeling your best between visits to our studio.
Follow these five golden rules to maintain optimum health
Practical tip No. 1: Proper stretching
- Gaining flexibility is about the frequency of the stretch more than the duration.
- Stretching can be done as often as once an hour throughout the day.
- Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds and repeat as many times as possible throughout the day.
Practical tip No. 2: Icing sore muscles
- When icing, be sure to put a towel between the ice and your skin.
- If the ice is too cold, it will only freeze the top layers of skin and will not penetrate deep into the muscles.
- Ice affected areas for 20 minutes on and 30 minutes off until the inflamation or pain decreases.
- Do not heat inflamed muscles. Always ice.
Practical tip No. 3: Consistency is key
- When it comes to your health care, your body knows when you get out of your routine.
- Set up a regular routine for massage, stretching, and icing.
- Continue your routine even after ailments have been relieved to prevent them from returning.
- Prevention is better (and more enjoyable) than fixing a problem that has already developed.
- Suggested routines can be provided during a consultation with one of our skilled team members.
Practical tip No. 4: Foam Rolling
- Foam rolling is a technique done by rolling your tight muscles on a firm foam roll to relase tension in the muscles and gain flexibility.
- This process has some pain associated in the beginning, however with time it will become easier as the muscle tension is being relieved.
- Foam rolls can be purchased online or through a store such as REI or Target for under $30.
- DVDs demonstrating proper instruction can also be found for sale or you can search “foam roll technique for (fill in the sore muscle)” on youtube.com
Practical tip No. 5: Drink more water!
- Keeping your body hydrated will help you perform better throughout the day.
- Water helps you maintain your skin elasticity as well as prevents fatigue.
- If you are not drinking enough water, your body is burning calories at a slower rate.
- More water will help speed up your metabolism and give you more energy.
Book Your Appointment Today!
Nurturing Touch Massage
729 Sunrise Avenue #301
Roseville, CA 95661
Call us at (916) 492-0725 or
You can book online!