What is Cupping Therapy?
Did you wonder what those round bruises were on Michael Phelps during the Olympics? Now you can have your own cupping marks!
Cupping may be a recent trend but it is an ancient healing technique used by many cultures. “One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, the Ebers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians used cupping therapy in 1,550 B.C.” (webmd.com).
Cupping can be done for the following reasons:
- Reduce inflammation
- Promote faster healing; promoting blood flow
- Pain relief
- A form of deep tissue work
Cupping Therapy Pricing
- $10 – Add on to any massage
**If you have any questions please feel free to call our office. For faster response, or lengthy explanations please email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book online through our “Book Now” button on the “Home” page. We look forward to working with you!
How Does It Work
At Nurturing Touch Massage & Acupuncture, we combine cupping with massage therapy. We massage the muscles with oil first. This provides the initial loosening effect. She then uses silicone cups to suction onto the body. The silicone cups can maintain suction while going over bony landmarks such as the spine, shoulder blades, hips, etc. This is a great way to break up scar tissue, provide myofascial release and drastically increase range of motion in your “stuck” areas.
Cupping is perfect for:
- Current athletes or someone with past sports injuries that still linger
- Someone with poor posture who needs better range of motion in their shoulders and back
- People working at a desk all day
- Injury recovery
- Scoliosis (providing relief at the muscle attachment sites on the sides of the spine helps with the pain caused by Scoliosis; cupping cannot cure Scoliosis).
- Someone who needs deeper massage work