What is Arvigo® Therapy?
The Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy (ATMAT) for the reproductive and digestive system is an external, non-invasive manipulation using only the hands to re-position reproductive organs and improve blood flow to digestive organs.
These ancient Maya healing techniques eliminate the primary cause of reproductive and digestive complaints in both men and women, the congested pelvis and abdomen, thereby preventing the progression of symptoms to chronic disease. Modern medicine tends to focus on relieving the symptoms whereas ATMAT works to prevent or remove the cause for the disease.
ATMAT does not claim to cure disease. ATMAT helps support the body’s natural ability to be self-regulating, self-healing, and self-regenerating (AKA homeostasis). As Arvigo practitioners we assist the vital flow of fluids and energy within the body to nourish and repair the organs and systems naturally.
Women and men suffer needlessly from a barrage of physical complaints that can easily be corrected by returning the uterus and prostate to their proper function and position. Maya Abdominal Massage may be, but is not always, accompanied by organic herbal remedies, herbal baths, pelvic steams, or castor oil packs.
Arvigo Therapy Pricing
- $120 for 60 minute initial session (30 min consult / 30 min Arvigo work)
- $110 for 60 minute follow-up (30 min Arvigo work / 30 min massage)
- $60 for 30 minute follow-up (30 min Arvigo work only)
What our clients are saying about us
“After I came across the benefits of Arvigo massage in my research about fertility complementary therapies, I turned to Yelp to find a local practitioner. Booking an appointment with Amy was a breeze and I could even use the MindBody app that I already use to schedule my other self care needs.
I appreciated that Amy took the time to review my history and learn about my goals–which really just felt like chatting with another friend about what’s going on in my life!
Amy knows her stuff and her compassion and enthusiasm for what she does shows! Definitely one of the best massages I’ve had. It’s so worth the drive up from Sac to come here and I’m definitely looking forward to my next session!
I’m now 32 weeks pregnant and am still coming up to Nurturing Touch for my prenatal massages. Thank you Amy for helping this preggie lady stay comfortable and relaxed!”
What to expect in your first Arvigo® session:
Typically, unless an initial appointment is made last minute, you will have received and filled out your health history intake form prior to arriving at your appointment. This allows for your Arvigo® practitioner to go through your health history in a professional and comfortable manner. It is important to us that you feel all your questions are being answered and that we are fully aware of your specific needs.
Next, your Arvigo® Practitioner will review the massage strokes that will be applied and the location of most of the work (above the pubic bone and below the diaphragm; also the sacrum, coccyx and glutes). The session will start with the client supine (face up) on the table, which is more comfortable for the majority of people. This therapy is non-invasive and all posterior (face down) work on the sacrum, coccyx and glutes will be done over the sheet.
***At no point will there be any inappropriate or unprofessional touch.***
After the health history intake, the explanation of massage, and the massage itself are completed, you will be taught some self-care massage to do at home to keep your body working to heal itself. Your Arvigo® Practitioner will advise if other herbals or products are recommended for your specific needs and advise you about continued treatment.
Feminine Pelvic Steams are another therapy we offer that compliments Arvigo Therapy. Click here for more information on Feminine Pelvic Steams
More from our outstanding clients
“She was friendly and professional, but best of all, she listened to my requests and soreness issues and delivered a fantastic massage!”
What does Arvigo® Therapy help with?
Amy received her Arvigo training directly from Dr. Rosita Arvigo
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy BPH (early stages)
- Bladder Infections (Acute and Chronic)
- Blood clots, excessive bleeding with menses (during your period)
- Chronic miscarriages
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Digestive disorders (Chron’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion etc.)
- Difficult labor and birthing
- Discomforts of pregnancy; Birth Preparation
- Dizziness with menstruation or ovulation
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Endometritis, Uterine Infection
- False pregnancy
- Fertility Enhancement
- Headache or migraine with menstruation
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Muscular Tension
- Pelvic Organ Congestion or prolapse (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Many more…